Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Thrill Of Gambling

As the pre-season has ended and another season has gotten underway, I finally found some time to update my blog. Mea Culpa, I should have done this earlier but believe it or not, there are things more important than FM Live.

In this blog-post, I want to address the legalised gambling within FM Live and the fun this brings with it. Although the game of FML can be fun by itself, the excitement is amplified when money or any type of wager is involved. Wage auctions bring exactly this bit of excitement.

The reason for this is quite easy. In a normal transfer auction, you enter a maximum bid and FML looks at the second highest and adds +1 to make your final bid. Wage auctions don't function quite the same way. "What you bid is what you pay," is the credo in a wage auction.

This sometimes creates awkward situations, especially when top stars are involved. Theo Walcott for example, is on a wage of 75k a day because his manager didn't quite understand the general principle of the wage auction. It was an expensive learning process, as it didn't just cost him the 1.5 million acquisition fee and the 750k signing-on-fee, but also a lot of mocking, as the second highest bid was only half that amount. Many laughs were had on his account.

Anyway, the wage auctions provide a nice and legal gambling system. Will I get the player at all? Is my bid high enough to beat the competition? Is it not too high? I don't mind overpaying by a few k, but it's rather harsh when you overpay by a lot...

Legalised gambling and for me a form of great amusement. I like the wage auctions, even when I sometimes do lose in them and even when I do feel they are responsible for crappy players having obscene wages.

No comments:

Post a Comment