Wednesday, May 20, 2009

They Said It Would Never Work...

They were sceptic about my ideas. "You can't be the Diane Fossey of newgens," they said. They may have had a point there, since I am not female, but I meant that in a metaphorical way... Anyway, they also said my new marketing campaign wouldn't work...

Looking back on recent developments, it's GLOATING TIME... Since the FML motto is "play, win, rub it in," I intend to do some rubbing... Allow me to start off with the bit I find the most important bit, the newgens.

Earlier, I promised to get to the bottom of the whole newgen-affair. Over the past week, the number of 16 year old newgens coming into the game world has decreased. The quality of said newgens has also decreased, as I am yet to find a newgen with a PA over 1.5 star. There are a few semi-decent newgens in the age category 17-19, but again no-one with really high PA.

I promissed to harass and annoy if necessary to find out what happened. Apparently, the good people at SI are very customer-friendly and no harassing or annoying was needed. All it took was one forum topic and a wee bit of patience. This was the reply I got by SI's Rob Cooper.

At the moment in Miller only 3.9% or so of players are under 18, whereas ideally the game would like this to be closer to 10%. This means that the game is creating more youth players. However, at the moment it is only creating 50 per day. I hqave recently made a change to this code so it can create more players per day if necessary so you should see a sudden burst of new regens arriving soon! Source: SI Games forum

People said I couldn't pull it off, that I couldn't get to the bottom of this... Well, I could and I did, so teehee, in your face, et cetera. The newgen situation should improve in the near future, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, but it will improve. I came, I saw, I nagged, I got what I wanted... Without nagging even...

Now about the second topic of gloating. My new style advertising campaign is currently enjoying a 66.67% success ratio. The current bid on Salvador "Sal" Lahera is 70k, whilst Brazils new Dunga Clodoaldo will probably go for somewhere over 400k. I haven't had any bids on Alain Bell, but he wasn't in auction in the first place.

Either way, that's a pretty decent success ratio, not even counting the countless positive responses of people responding I had written a nice ad or I had made them smile. Goodwill goes a long way in a community like FML, so yeah, it does work, even when you don't sell your players (and I sell my players as well as scoring goodwill...).

So yeah, I feel I have the right to gloat. For now. Just for a short while. Until I have to think back about my beloved Fortuna anyway... But that's the topic for another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment