Monday, May 18, 2009

Attempting Guerilla Marketing In FML

Guerrilla marketing is an unconventional system of promotions that relies on time, energy and imagination rather than a big marketing budget. Typically, guerrilla marketing tactics are unexpected and unconventional; consumers are targeted in unexpected places, which can make the idea that's being marketed memorable, generate buzz, and even spread virally.

In FML terms, it means I'm trying to divert from the standard sales pitch, which focusses on a players Market Value, stats, and attributes. Most people have stopped reading these transfer list mailings long a go, simply because they are boring.

I want to be creative and devise my own unconventional methods of promoting my players and/or tournaments. I want people to start talking about my advertisements. Creating a buzz about them will ultimately lead to people bidding on my players or entering my tournaments.

This is a new advertisement I sent out today, to promote the auction of four star Potential Ability defensive midfielder Salvador Lahera.

This is Salvador. Salvador or Sal for his friends, was a simple Spanish boy, a lad from the country-side. Ever since he was a child, he dreamt of a career as a professional football player.

Salvador was quite fanatica about this dream of his. Every waking moment was speant kicking a ball around, often much to the dismay of his parents and their neighbours, who lost many a window to Salvador and his ball.

Persistency pays off in the end though, as Salvador managed to secure a spot in the academy of various decent teams. Unfortunately, his choice in clubs wasn't always the best. Driven by a greedy agent, he chose the wrong club. He opted for a club which switched away from using proper defensive midfielders.

Now Salvadors dream of becoming a proper professional football player is in danger of extinguishing like a candle in a heavy rain-storm. Can you help him rescue his career? Are you willing to keep a young boy's childhood-dream alive?

So far, I've received only a single reply to this, but I've only just started my campaign. I will keep you updated on more results and ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Guido, If you want to do something like that for a Turkish player you are selling, I may provide background for him :p

    ReplyDelete