Sunday, June 21, 2009

Work In Progress; My Own 4-6-0 Part Deux

So far, I have basically set up three different formations, all using the “no striker” idea. The first one is the standard one I see most of the times when my opponent plays a 4-6-0. I have dubbed it the normal or standard version. It looks like this.


A solid back-four, complemented by a sort of pyramid-shaped midfield. The three attacking midfielders are the ones generally causing trouble for the defence, whereas the central midfielder is the one starting most attacks, whilst maintaining the defensive balance of the team.

The more defensive version I have seen features a real defensive midfielder and only one real attacking midfielder. It's a more conservative approach to the whole concept, aimed more at people looking to play a counter-attacking style.


This version offers more defensive stability, as there is less chance of players being caught out of position defensively. On the other hand, it's also a formation which has seen me draw a lot, as the offensive potency is somewhat limited.

Last but not least, there's my favourite formation, the most attacking formation of the whole bunch. This version offers nice matches to watch, whilst also ensuring I actually win most of them because my opponent is clueless how to counter it effectively.


With this version, you sort of have a 4-3-3 formation with wingers, just not with a real striker. The forward either runs onto crosses and through balls or lays the ball off for one of the midfielders to try his luck.

Next up, we're tweaking team instructions...

No comments:

Post a Comment