Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Goes Around Comes Around

Besides this phrase being used in a tacky song by Justin Timberlake, it's also one of the fundamental principles of karma. As you sow, so shall ye reap. What you do to others, you are really doing to yourself for when it comes back to you.

I believe this principle can also be used in FM Live. Over the past few weeks or maybe even months, I have heard people complaining about the Game World Economy, its inflated prices and the reduced chances of selling players to anyone.

When you apply the idea of what goes around, comes around to FM Live, you would see less of this nonsense. If nobody overcharges, the inflation will not be as severe. If you sell for fair prices, people are also inclined to sell players to you at fair prices. Oh yeah, with fair prices I mean a maximum of double MV...

Anyway, the people moaning should also look at themselves. If you don't sell at prices based around MV, why should anyone else be inclined to return the favour? It does work the other way around, as I myself have experienced on several occassions.

When you sell for prices based around MV, you are far more likely to get the same courtesy from another manager when you negotiate for his player. In time, you will establish a network of managers who are all inclined to do the same, which basically makes transfer dealings easy and pleasant for all involved.

People should keep this in mind, next time they start moaning about how bad the Game World economy is. Chances are they themselves have contributed to its present state with their own actions.

3 comments:

  1. A must read for Rafael :p

    I agree with you about pricing of players. The thing is I don't like letting a good player who is serving my team well. Nobody does in my opinion and that leads to two extreme situations with player valuations.

    - Good first team player with decent ratings: Owner wants 2*MV or more for the player which slows transfer market because hardly any player worths that much.

    - A player with low MV and ratings: Owner wants to get rid of him for MV/2 or auctions for £1. Result is a total lack of interest even if that player has ok attributes and has low ratings because he is a sub. These are ideal for low ranked or recently signed up teams. My understanding is most GWs lacks newly subscribed teams and low ranked teams are mostly inactives.

    My next theme after Turkish playes can be a £1 only team. I believe you can get a decent team using £1 auctions in an old GW. I can sell some of those players around their MVs after a season and start making profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *applause*

    What I like to do is start at that 2x MV mark and work down from there. Now I'm trying to trade for similarly skilled players, which is not going well at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd swap if I had anyone in the same value/wage bracket.

    ReplyDelete