Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Think I'm Hooked

I am actually pretty sure of that... I am hooked to FM Live. Last week, my laptop blew up on me. Not quite literally, but the darn thing refused to start. In the week it took me to fix the bloody thing, I was unable to play FM Live and I was starting to show signs of withdrawal.

At least several times an hour, I started wondering how my team were doing in their respective leagues and cups. I was wondering which players I was going to lose in an auction because I would be unable to protect their contracts. I even bothered to log in at the SI fora at work and ask one of the other mods in my Game World for a status report on my team.

Quite literally, I was obsessing over my game. I think that's good news for SI and the community of the Miller Game World, but it's not so good news for me and my girlfriend, as she won't be seeing a lot of me the next week or so, as I try to repair the damages done to my team by the evil wage auctions (I lost two first teamers, [/whine mode] ).

It also makes me wonder what will happen should I ever decide to quit FM Live... Is there some sort of rehabilitation program to prepare us addicts for the real world? Going "cold turkey" obviously didn't work for me...

2 comments: