Monday, April 27, 2009

The Dutchman Goes African?!

Yes, I too have succumb to the allure of the Real World Cup. I will be entering my All Nigerian Theme Team on Sunday. With no classy Nigerian players on a free transfer and me not having any in my squad, I will be forced to rely on cohesive teamwork rather than individual class, like some managers can afford to do.

I will probably be added to the roster to make up the numbers, but I love the idea of the tournament so I really want to compete, even if it's just once. It's like the Olympics, competing is incidentally more important than winning. Really... I meant that...

So yeah, an all Nigerian team, because the organisation wasn't sure about my Minor African nations team. I initially wanted to submit a team with players from Sudan, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Namibia, Uganda, Benin and Djibouti, since neither nation had enough players to create a squad on its own, but hey, a Nigerian team might be fun too. Maybe I can 419 scam my way to the second round, who knows...

2 comments: